Thursday 25 August 2011

My Version of Chicken and Chorizo HotPot

In my enthusiasm I forgot to take photos.  How silly is that.  Here is the recipe anyway...


My version of Chicken and Chorizo HotPot with added capsicums, zucchini, a tin of cherry tomatoes and a tin of borlotti beans with smoked paprika, coriander, parsley and chives.  I also added a cup of frozen diced vegetables ie:  peas/corn/beans/carrot.

  • 1 kg chicken thigh fillets chopped into bite sized pieces
  • 2 chorizo sausages
  • 1 red capsicum
  • 1 green capsicum
  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 cup of mushrooms
  • 1 cup diced frozen vegetables
  • a tin of borlotti beans
  • a tin of cherry tomatoes
  • a tine of tomatoes as one was not enough.
  • 1/2 cup of white wine
  • flavoured with a pinch of smoked paprika, coriander, parsley and chives
  • seasoned with salt and pepper.
  • Olives but I didn't have any last night.
  • a drizzle of olive oil on the top.

Turn on the oven to 200 degrees C.

Cut the chicken thigh fillets into bite sized pieces and then slice the chorizo.
Chop the capsicum, zucchini and mushrooms into small pieces.

I 'marinated' the chicken pieces with the smoked paprika, coriander, parsley, chives and cracked pepper while preparing the rest of the vegetables. I used dried herbs but fresh would be better.

Next add the sliced chorizo and chopped vegetables in with the chicken and add the cup of diced frozen vegetables. Now add the drained and rinsed borlotti beans.

Stir together until evenly mixed and then place into a baking dish.

I then added the tin of cherry tomatoes and white wine.  Last night the dish needed another tin of tomatoes as it looked too dry. Carefully mix the tomato and wine mixture through the vegetables and chicken mixture to that everything is evenly coated.  This is where I would add the olives if I had some. 

Season with salt and pepper, smoked paprika, coriander and parsley.  Drizzle with olive oil and place into the oven.  I baked the dish for about 1 hour and 15 - 20 minutes

Variations?

Add some jalapeno chillies for an extra zing. or 1 chipotle chillie in adobo sauce for a more Mexican/Tex-Mex version.

I would consider this is a low carbohydrate dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment